Truefood Red Split Lentils – 400g.
Truefood Red Split lentils are NON GMO, low in fat, high in fibre and high in protein, they are a perfect addition to vegan and vegetarian diets as they are also a source of iron amongst other vitamins and minerals. Red split lentils are made from removing the outer skin of a red football lentil and splitting it into two. Commonly used for Indian dishes like dahl, split lentils become mushy when cooked and do not retain their shape.
– High in Iron an important component of haemoglobin that carries oxygen from our blood to our lungs
– High in Protein that is crucial for many functions within the body
– Rich in fibre that aids in digestion and maintains digestive health
– High levels of folate in Black-eye beans help bodies make new cells and aid in a healthy pregnancy
– Rich in Calcium, Magnesium and Phosphorus that are crucial for healthy bones and teeth
– Product of Canada – Packed in South Africa
– Red Split Lentils
– Cover lentils in water or stock in a saucepan and bring to a boil
– Simmer for 30 – 45 minutes
– Cooking Tip: 1 cup (250ml) of raw lentils makes about 21/2 cups (625ml) cooked lentils
– Dimensions: 120mm x 140mm x 40mm
– Capacity: 200g
– Warranty: Non-Returnable