Sfera uses a patented form of Garcinia called Garcitrin. It has won many awards for its effectiveness.GarCitrin® is a standardized extract obtained from the dried fruit rinds of Garcinia cambogia and it is standardized for minimum 50% (-) Hydroxycitric acid and minimum 5% Garcinol.
The fat regulating mechanism of Hydroxycitrate (HCA) was uncovered when scientists were scrutinizing different steps of Krebs cycle.
Biosynthesis of fatty acids takes place naturally in the Krebs Cycle by the following mechanism.
- Glycolysis breaks the glucose into pyruvate.
- Pyruvate decarboxylates to give Acetyl CoA in mitochondria.
- Oxaloacetate combines with Acetyl CoA to form Citrate in the itochondria.
- Citrate moves into Cytoplasm and is converted to Acetyl CoA with help of citrate lyase.
- Acetyl CoA is converted to Malonyl CoA and further it forms Fatty Acids.