Truefood Red Quinoa is NON GMO, Gluten free and has a low glycaemic index (LOW-GI), this ancient grain is easy to digest, and contains all essential amino acids making it a complete protein and ideal for vegan and vegetarian diets.
Considered to be a pseudo-cereal, Quinoa is not actually a grain but a seed that is rich in vitamins and minerals. Red quinoa has the same high quality nutrition and earthy flavour as white quinoa, with a dark red colour it is great for salads or as a healthy alternative to rice, that brings colour and nourishment to any dish.
– High in Iron an important component of haemoglobin that carries oxygen from our blood to our lungs
– Rich in manganese that fights free radicals within the body and acts as an anti-oxidant
– High in Calcium, Magnesium and Phosphorus that are crucial for healthy bones and teeth
– Rich in Protein that is crucial for many functions within the body
– High in B vitamins that help to maintain energy levels throughout the day
– Product of Peru – Packed in South Africa
– Red quinoa
– Rinse well before cooking
– Mix 1/2 cup quinoa with 1 cup boiling water in a saucepan and bring to the boil
– Simmer for 30 minutes or until tender
– 1 cup (250ml) raw quinoa makes 3 cups (750ml) cooked quinoa
– One serving is usually 1/2 cup (125ml) cooked quinoa
– Dimensions: 120mm x 140mm x 40mm
– Capacity: 400g
– Warranty: Non-Returnable
There are no reviews yet.